HMT offers independent, Third Party weld testing services for Welder and Welding Operator Qualification testing, Weld Procedure Qualification testing, and Consulting Services for Weld Procedure Specification development. All of our services and testing are performed in-house, assuring our customers accurate and timely results.
- Welder Qualification (WQ) Testing Services
- 30 test booths for in-house welder qualification testing in SMAW, GTAW, GMAW and FCAW welding processes. All base materials are machined to required joint tolerances in-house and all materials and consumables are traceable and certified. If needed, we can also oversee welding and testing on any uncommon customer-supplied materials.
- Weld Procedure Qualification (PQR) Testing
- Procedure qualification test coupons can be welded at our facility to independently monitor welding parameters if necessary or alternatively, can be welded at the customer’s facility and submitted to HMT for the required testing. Various tests are performed on the completed test coupon in accordance with the applicable code and any client-specified testing requirements.
- Weld Procedure Specification (WPS)
- Provide consulting services to clients that may need assistance in developing their own written Welding Procedure Specifications required by the codes or standards they work to or special applications they just may not be familiar with and unsure how to proceed. Our many years of experience in WPS development can help assure a smooth transition to new welding requirements.